Volunteers are asked to be:
• Available to work at Annunciation House for the minimum commitment period of one year or the entire summer internship. They must be free of any other commitments, responsibilities or obligations.
• At least 20 years of age, in good physical health and able to live simply, accepting working in some very hot and some very cold weather.
• Single or married with no dependents.
• Spanish language skills are not required, but helpful. Non-Spanish speakers must come with a willingness to learn the language.
• Must have the maturity to live and work with adults and persons from other cultures.
• Able to provide or arrange for their own transportation to and from the house at the beginning and end of service period or summer internship.
• Willing and able to commit oneself to the lifestyle, rules, and structures of the house, open to serving in the simplest of ways.
• Willing to fill out, comply with, and return the application used by the house.
• Able to start service on one of the four arrival dates: May 25th, August 1st, November 1st, and February 1st.
Volunteers will be provided with:
• Full room and board.
• A travel stipend for those who complete a full year of service.
• Health insurance (year long volunteers only).
The application process requires:
• Filling out the application forms.
• Submitting an essay or letter stating your reasons for wanting to come to the house.
• Providing a recent photograph.
• Having a physical exam or obtaining a copy of an exam from within the last year.
• Obtaining four reference letters.
Notification of acceptance will be made as soon as possible.
• Volunteers need to bring an original birth certificate or passport along when they come to the house.
• Contact the Volunteer Coordinator our via our email form.