If you are looking for information about short-term emergency volunteer efforts to provide hospitality to refugees, please read here. The info below is for people interested in long-term volunteering with us.
Year-Long and Summer Volunteer Applications
As of June 1, 2019, we will only accept applications via email.
The complete application consists of:
- Application Form (Word doc)
- 4 references ( PDF or Word doc), preferably one from each of the following: 1) Pastor, minister, spiritual director, or mentor; 2) Employer, academic advisor or instructor, or supervisor; 3) Adult member of your immediate family; 4) Individual (other than a family member) of your choosing. References may email their forms separately to volunteercoordinator(at)annunciationhouse.org ; please ask them to put your name in the email subject line.
- Medical Form
- Recent Photograph
- Mental Health Reference Form (if appropriate; see application)
Background checks: As of 7/1/2017, you do not need to submit a background check with your application. If you are accepted as a volunteer, you will then be asked to complete a nationwide background check (instructions provided after acceptance; $15 fee). Your acceptance is contingent upon passing this background check.
To apply electronically: download the forms from the links above, then email the completed files along with a current picture of yourself to the Volunteer Coordinator (volunteercoordinator at annunciationhouse.org). Word (doc) or PDF formats are preferred, as jpeg files or photo images of the application can be difficult to read.
Download the free application, Adobe Acrobat Reader, if you don’t have it already.
Community Volunteer Application
- Community Volunteer Application. (Please print and fill in.)
- Two reference letters: preferably one from an employer or supervisor and one from a pastor, mentor, spiritual director or counselor
- Background check: after we review your application, we will provide instructions on how to enroll for a background check. Your acceptance as a volunteer is contingent upon passing this check.